Admission to Master of Computer Application (MCA) Programme is carried out as per the guidelines of Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra State.
The candidate should be an Indian National and should have passed minimum three years duration Bachelors Degree awarded by university recognized by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent (at least 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and persons with disability belonging to Maharashtra state only); having Mathematics or Statistics asone of the subjects at 10+2 level or higher level examination and obtained a non-zero score at the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the Competent Authority, Govt. of Maharashtra.
The candidates, who have passed Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS), Bachelor of Science (Computer Science / Information Technology) degree courses are not required to fulfill the requirement of having studied Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or higher level examination.
Institute of Management & Computer Studies having present intake of 120 for MCA program. Out of which 51% of the seats are reserved under Minority category and 20% of the seats are reserved under Institute Level category. The Department of Higher & Technical Education, Govt. of Maharashtra have issued notification for admission process for this program for the academic year 2018-19 through MAH-MCA-CET. The detailed procedure for submission of application for admission to the program will be notified by the DTE.
Candidates are requested to submit the attested photocopy of following certificates with application form at the time of submission of form.
- MAH-MCA-CET score card 2018.
- Statement of marks & certificate of SSC, HSC and Graduation (all semester / year).
- Migration and Provisional Passing Certificate for those candidates who passed from any University other than University of Mumbai.
- Certificate of Indian Nationality (School Leaving Certificate indicating the Nationality of the candidate as ‘Indian’/ Valid Indian Passport/ Birth Certificate of the candidate indicating the place of birth in India.)
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable), clearly indicating the place of permanent residence of the candidate or father or mother or husband.
- Caste/Tribe Validity Certificate (if applicable)
- Non Creamy Layer Certificate valid up to 31st March 2019 (if applicable).
- Certificates in Proforma A, B1, B2, F, F1, G1, G2, H, J, K, L & O as applicable (Mentioned in DTE brochure).
- Any other relevant document. After verification if provisionally confirmed in the Institute, candidate has to submit the following documents.
- All original certificates mentioned above with attested photocopies of the same.
- Affidavit for Minority Status on a ` 100/- nonjudicial stamp paper in institute specified format (only for Linguistic Minority candidates) • Gap Certificate for the break after completion of Graduation examination on a ` 100/-non judicial stamp paper in institute specified format (if applicable).
- AICTE Anti-Ragging undertaking by student as well as parents on ` 20/-non-judicial Stamp Paper duly notarized in AICTE specified format. + Physical Fitness Certificate from a registered Medical Practitioner.
+ Five recent passport size colour photographs.
+ Any other relevant document.