MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS (MCA)
(A Three Years Full Time Course of The University of Mumbai & Approved by AICTE, Govt. of India)
DTE Code: 3171
Job Opportunities :
The very fact that industries in India and abroad have been placing the MCA students on regular basis is a proof of the quality of the course and the students.
a) MCA graduates begin their career as junior programmers and grow at a very fast pace to become systems analysts and project leaders etc. Since the course is also designed towards the research side, students prefer to go for higher studies. Others seek entrepreneurial roles like consultants etc.
b) Application areas include transaction processing (such as banking, stock exchange order processing) simulation, database management, E-commerce, design support & data communications. Networking, Embedded Technologies etc.
1. The course is designed to meet the growing demand for qualified professionals in the field of information technology.
2. The MCA program provides a sound theoretical background as well as good practical exposure to students in the relevant areas. It is intended
to provide a modern, industry oriented education in applied computer science.
3. The MCA program prepares students to take up positions as system analysts, systems designers, Programmers and managers in any field
related to information technology. The program, therefore, aims at imparting comprehensive knowledge with equal emphasis on theory and
Graduate in any discipline from a statutory University with an aggregate score of 50% or an equivalent CGPA (45% in case of candidates from backward class categories).Candidates must have Mathematics as a subject in 10+2 level.
Fees are payable as per the guidelines of the Shikshan Shulka Samiti
Student has to undergo a project (Industrial training) in the 6th Semester for a period of four months (December to March). The training would exclusively focus on software development in either commercial application or systems. The project should be aimed at implementing all analysis, designing and programming tools that have been learnt in the course curriculum.
Admission Procedure :
1. Candidates desirous of taking admission in MCA at IMCOST should have appeared for MAH-MCA-CET 2012 examination
2. Candidates should have appeared for AIMCET 2012
3. Candidates should have appeared for CET conducted by an agency approved by Pravesh Niyantran Samiti for the academic year 2012-13
4. Students should follow the admission procedure laid down by DTE
Course Structure: (subject to change as per University of Mumbai notification) Syllabus
|Programming with C
|Computer Organization & Architecture
|Principles of Economics & Management
||Probability & Statistics
|System Analysis Design
|Introduction to Web Technology
||Communication & Soft Skill
|Object Oriented programming C++
|Data Communication Networks
|Database Management Systems
||Object Oriented Modeling and Design Using UML
||Advance Database Techniques
|Management Information System
||Software Project Management
||Wireless Technology and Mobile Computing
||Advance Web Technologies
| List of Elective-I
|| List of Elective II
||Supply Chain Management and Logistics
|Geographic Information System
||Cyber Law and IPR
|Customer Relationship Management
||Service Oriented Architecture
Admission to the 2013-14 Batch of MCA :
Admissions to the above mentioned courses is through Maharashtra State Government Common Entrance Test (CET). 20% of the intake is given at the discretion of the Management for Eligible students under Management Quota