MASTER'S IN MANAGEMENT STUDIES (MMS)
(A Two Years Full Time Course of The University of Mumbai & Approved by AICTE, Govt. of India)
DTE Code: 3125
Job Opportunities & Future Prospects:
Most degrees are obtained with the purpose of advancing career prospects and job opportunities. The same is the case with an MMS degree; the only difference being that an MMS degree is considered as the most valuable post graduate degree in the world, and has exciting career
opportunities. People take the MMS program in order to further their careers in their current jobs or to get a better job on the basis of their MMS
degree. An MMS degree holder can have the following job opportunities: Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Operations Management, IT
Operations Manager, Financial Operations Manager, Operations Manager Research Analyst, System Centre Operations Manager, Quality
Assurance Operations Manager, Retail Operations Managers, Information Technology.
Objectives of MMS Program:
Specifically, the MMS program is designed to provide the opportunity to develop:
1. The analytical tools for decision making in a business world of complex business issues and problems.
2. The organizational skills for the effective implementation of policy in the context of the organization.
3. An understanding of the body of knowledge in the functional areas of business.
4. The skills of leadership, teamwork and supervision. Skills of effective oral and written communication, presentation, and critical thinking.
5. An understanding of and ability to use technology as a tool of effective management.
6. Abilities for ethical decision making.
7. The ability to function effectively in a diverse and global business environment.
Graduate in any discipline from a statutory university with minimum 50% aggregate (45% for reserved category students, graduated from University within Maharashtra) , candidates appearing for their final year degree examination may also apply.
1. Candidates desirous of seeking admission to the MMS course must take the common entrance test MH-CET conducted by
The Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State.
2. Candidates must have appeared for GMAT/CAT/MAT/ATMA/XAT/CMAT 2012 examination.
3. Candidates must have appeared for CET conducted by agency approved by Pravesh Niyantran Samiti for the academic year 2012-13.
4. Students should follow the admission procedure laid down by DTE.
Fees are payable as per the guidelines of the Shikshan Shulka Samiti.
Students of MMS have to undertake an industrial project of two months duration in the area of their specialization i.e. Finance,
Systems, Marketing & Operations. The student is expected to do the project during summer vacation after Semester II On
completion, the student will have to submit a Project Report based on the University of Mumbai Guidelines..
|1st Year - Semester I
||1st Year - Semester II
|1. Perspective Management
||1. Legal & tax aspects of Business
|2. Financial Accounting
||2. Cost & Management Accounting
|3. Managerial Economics
||3. Economic Environment of Busi
|4. Operation Management
||4. Research Methodology & fundamental of MR
|5. Organization Behavior
||5. Human Resource Management
|6. Business Mathematics
||6. Operation Research
|7. Information Technology for Management
||7. Management Information System
|8. Communication Skills
||8. Financial Management
|9. Marketing Management
||9. Market applications & Practices
|10. Electives any 2 out of 4
||10. Electives any 2 out of 4
|10.1 Selling & Negotiation Skills
||10.1 Decision Science 10.2 Managerial Process Skill
|10.2 High Performance Leadership
||10.3 Analysis of Financial Statements 10.4 Foreign Languages (German, French, Japanese)
|10.3 Indian Ethos in Management
|10.4 Corporate Social Responsibility
|2nd Year - Semester III
||2nd Year - Semester IV
|1. International Business
||1. Management Control System
|2. Strategic Management
||2. Business Ethics & Corporate Governance
|3. Summer Internship Report
||3. Entrepreneurship Management
||4. Service Management
||6. Productivity Techniques OR Total Quality management OR