The course is designed to meet the growing demand for qualified professionals in the field of information technology which is undergoing continuous change.
The MCA program provides a sound theoretical background as well as good practical exposure to the students. It is intended to provide a modern, industry-oriented education in applied computer science. In addition to this, our faculty keeps the students in sync. with latest technology updations.
- The very fact that industries in India and abroad have been employing MCA students on a regular basis is a proof of the quality of the course as well as the quality of our teaching.
- MCA graduates begin their career as junior programmers and grow at a very fast pace to become systems analysts and project leaders. Since the course also involves research activities, students prefer to go for higher studies. Others look for entrepreneurial opportunities like consultancy, starting a new enterprise etc.
- Application areas include transaction processing (like banking, stock exchange order processing) simulation, database management, E-commerce, design support & data communications, Networking, Embedded Technologies etc.
Objectives of MCA Program:
- The course is designed to meet the growing demand for qualified professionals in the field of information technology.
- The MCA program provides a sound theoretical base and provides practical exposure to the students. It intends to provide a modern, industry-oriented education in applied computer science.
The student has to work on a project (Industrial Training) in the 6th Semester for a period of six months (January to June). The training exclusively focuses on software development in either commercial application or systems. The project should be aimed at implementing different types of analysis, designing and programming tools that have been learnt in the course curriculum.
Candidates desiring to take admission in MCA at IMCOST should have appeared for MAH-MCA-CET examination conducted by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE).
- Students should follow the admission procedure laid down by DTE.
The candidate should be an Indian National.The candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree awarded by university recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline with atleast 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent (atleast 45% incase of candidates belonging to backwards class categories and persons with disability belonging to Maharashtra State only).Has studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at (10+2) level or at graduation level examination.