Duration: 2 Years
Course Type: Full Time
THE PROGRAM PREPARES STUDENTS TO WORK DYNAMIC AND RAPIDLY EXPANDING FIELD OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Master of Computer Application (MCA) is a two-year degree course affiliated to Mumbai University and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India.
The program prepares students to work in the dynamic and rapidly expanding field of Information Technology. The course focuses on developing students as best software professionals. The Master of Computer Application (MCA) Curriculum has been specially designed to incorporate essential hardware concepts along with a focus on software development. IMCOST places special emphasis on training its Master of Computer Application (MCA) students not only through teaching but also live hands on projects.
The Institute is maintaining high standard of teaching in classrooms and practical in computer laboratories with highly qualified and experienced faculty to impart value-based quality education.
- The very fact that industries in India and abroad have been employing Master of Computer Application (MCA) students on a regular basis is a proof of the quality of the course as well as the quality of our teaching.
- Master of Computer Application (MCA) graduates begin their career as junior programmers and grow at a very fast pace to become systems analysts and project leaders. Since the course also involves research activities, students prefer to go for higher studies. Others look for entrepreneurial opportunities like consultancy, starting a new enterprise etc.
- Application areas include transaction processing (like banking, stock exchange order processing) simulation, database management, E-commerce, design support & data communications, Networking, Embedded Technologies etc.
- The course is designed to meet the growing demand for qualified professionals in the field of information technology.
- The Master of Computer Application (MCA) program provides a sound theoretical base and provides practical exposure to the students. It intends to provide a modern, industry-oriented education in applied computer science.
Fees are payable as per the guidelines of the Shikshan Shulka Samiti & University of Mumbai.
Students of Master of Computer Application (MCA) have to undertake an industrial project in IT Company. The student is expected to do the project in semester VI, on completion the student will have to submit a Project Report based on the University of Mumbai Guidelines. Also students have to write research paper on particular topic and need to present it.
The optional specializations provide the skills, techniques and real life simulated case studies that are sought after in industry.
The specializations are globally accepted and enrich the innovative experiential learning process for thorough knowledge
and application to empower and enhance the employability of candidates.
Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
(The syllabus for the academic year 2018-19 for first year, 2019-20 for second year and from 2020-21 for Third year)
|Object Oriented Programming
|Software Engineering & Project Management
|Computer Organization & Architecture
|IT in Management
|Financial Accounting & Management
|Statistics & Probability
|Decision Making & Mathematical Modeling
|SEPM + OOP Lab
|OS + CN Lab
|Web Technologies & Mini Project-Lab
|DS & Web Application Development Using Open Source tools
|Database Management System
|Data Mining & Business Intelligence
|Advanced Web Technology
|Software Testing & Quality Assurance
|Database Management Systems & Software Testing Lab
|Advance Web Technology and Business Intelligence Lab
|Database Management System and Unified Modeling Lab
|Computer Graphics and Image Processing Lab
|Activity Lab Soft Skills Development
|Wireless & Mobile Technology
|Advanced Distributed Computing
|Seminar –Research Lab
|User Experience Design
|Lab I Mobile Application & User Experience Design
|Lab II Open Source System for ADC Lab
Admission to the course is centralized conducted by Directorate of Technical Education(DTE). However students may also apply for the institute level seats. Candidate applying to the institute directly will have to send their 10th, 12th, Graduation marksheet, entrance exam score card & photo ID proof either by email, by post or in person. Once the documents are verified the students will have to appear for the personal interview.
Candidate having minimum 50% aggregate in graduation (45% in case of reserved category from a recognized university and having valid MH-MCA-CET score is eligible to apply for the Master of Computer Application (MCA) program.
START YOUR EXTRAORDINARY JOURNEY TOWARDS QUALITY EDUCATION JOURNEY AT ASM'S IMCOST, THE COURSE WHICH IS DESIGNED AND DELIVERED BY INDUSTRY EXPERTS, STALWARTS AND FOREIGN FACULTIES WITH INTEGRATED EXCELLENCE DRIVEN GURANTEED PLACEMENTS.
University of Mumbai
MCA Backlog Exam Help Line Number
(MCA Course Co-ordinator)