B.Com in Accounting & Finance – Course Overview
In any business, accounting and finance are some of the most important aspects. Accounting and finance have everything to do with money. Therefore, this industry is an excellent area to make a career in. To be eligible to work in accounting & finance, you need to do the B. Com in accounting & finance degree course. This degree brings vast knowledge related to accounting & finance and ensures you get the best career options.
The B. Com in accounting & finance prepares students with theoretical and practical knowledge in accounting and finance. The degree will teach them how to face problems in the industry, boost innovation, and work hard to make a successful career. The B. Com in accounting & finance is a specialised degree you can do instead of the usual B. Com degree which is more theory-based.
In the following blog, you get all the information about the B. Com in accounting & finance degree. From the fees and admissions to benefits and scope of the degree, you will find all relevant information that will help you make up your mind on pursuing the B. Com in accounting & finance degree course.
B.Com in Accounting & Finance: Course Highlights
The B. Com in accounting & finance course highlight will help get a quick look at the course.
|Full Form||Bachelors of Commerce in Accounting & Finance|
|Course Level||This is an undergraduate degree course|
|Duration||It takes 3 years to finish this course|
|Eligibility||You need to be 12th pass in the commerce stream|
|Average Course Fee||The average course fees range between INR 10,000 to INR 4 lakhs|
|Examination Type||The course is conducted in a semester pattern|
|AdmissionProcess||You can get admission through an entrance exam or get direct admission.|
|Average Starting Salary||The average salary ranges in between INR 2 lakhs to INR 10 lakhs|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Goldman Sachs, SBI, HDFC, Amazon, and Accenture|
B. Com in Accounting & Finance: Course Duration
The B. Com in accounting & finance is a 3-year duration course. The 1st year, which is divided into 2 semesters, students are taught the fundamentals of accounting & finance. The next 2 years and 4 semesters are about specialisations and industry-centric projects and other practical work. By the end of the course, you will be a professional equipped to take on the challenges in the accounting & finance industry.
B. Com in Accounting & Finance: Course Eligibility Criteria
There is a certain eligibility criterion that you need to fit in if you want to pursue the B. Com in accounting & finance degree. The following is the criteria:-
- You need to be 12th pass in the commerce stream.
- Your 12th standard percentage needs to be equal to or more than 50%.
- Private colleges & universities may make an exception to the commerce stream and percentage criteria.
Make sure you match this eligibility criteria if you want to make a career in the accounting & finance industry.
B. Com in Accounting & Finance: Admission Process
Knowing the admission process will help you to mentally prepare for what is to come ahead. The following 2 methods are the admission process for B. Com in accounting & finance degree course:-
Entrance Exam – You will have to clear an entrance exam. Based on your scores in the exam, you will be granted admission.
Direct Admission – Private colleges and universities may grant you admission directly to the course. They charge a much higher fee though.
These 2 admission processes are the most common ones.
B. Com in Accounting & Finance Course Fees
Knowing the fees for the B.Com in accounting & finance degree course will affect many other decisions like from where to pursue the course, and if it is value for money. The course fee for B.Com in accounting & finance ranges between INR 10,000/- to INR 4 lakhs. This is because the course is being offered by many government-aided colleges and universities and private colleges and universities. Therefore, the fee range is quite wide.
B. Com in Accounting & Finance Course Syllabus
The B.Com in accounting & finance degree is a specialised degree. So, the subjects are different from any other bachelors degree. Knowing the course syllabus will also help you understand more about the course. The following are the subjects for B.Com in accounting & finance:-
- Cost Accounting I
- Financial Accounting I
- Financial Management I
- Business Communication I
- Ability Enhancement Courses
- Business Economics I
- Commerce (Business Environment) I
- Skill Enhancement Courses
- Taxation I
- Auditing I
- Financial Accounting II
- Business Communication II
- Business Communication II (Core Course
- Skill Enhancement Courses
- Business Law (Business Regulatory Framework)
- Ability Enhancement Courses
- Business Economics II
- Information Technology in Accountancy I
- Business Law (Business Regulatory Framework) II
- Commerce (Financial Market Operations) II
- Business Law (Company Law) III
- Information Technology in Accountancy II
- Management I
- Research Methodology in Accounting and Finance
- Management II
- Project Work – I
- Economics III
- Project Work II
These are the common subjects you will find at any good B.Com in accounting & finance degree course.
Salary After B. Com in Accounting & Finance Course in India
The salary figure is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, motivating factor for any student to choose a course. The following are the salary figures for B.Com in accounting & finance graduates:-
- Entry Level – 2 lakhs
- Mid Level – 5 lakhs
- Top Level – 10 lakhs
The figures are just to give you an idea of what to expect. Actual salary figures are also subject to the industry you find work in and the economic condition of the country.
B. Com in Accounting & Finance Scope in India
The B. Com in accounting & finance has a lot of scope in India. The accounting & financing industry is given a lot of importance in most industries and businesses. Therefore, a strong course like B. Com in accounting & finance has a lot of scope for career and success. The countrys economy is recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic and accounting & finance will play a huge role in this recovery. There will be a huge demand for talent in this industry over many years.
Career/Jobs after B. Com in Accounting & Finance
Its important to know what careers become available to you after your B. Com in accounting & finance. These careers will serve as motivating factors.
Here are the top 5 careers for B. Com in accounting & finance graduates:-
- Accountant – An accountant is in charge of the accounts of the company. They have to maintain the books accurately and transparently.
- Finance Manager – Finance managers look after the financial condition of the company. They make financial reports and forecasts, maintain accounts, and improve profits.
- Investment Analyst – Investment analysts provide financial advice to investors. They analyse the market and provide their expert advice in exchange for a fee.
- Business Analyst – Business analysts analyse every aspect of the business and provide advice on improvement. They also look for ways to grow business
- Cashier – Cahiers are in charge of handling the daily cash transaction in a business. They have to maintain accurate records and balance the cash accounts regularly.
How to Choose Top Commerce College for B. Com in Accounting & Finance
The following information will illuminate you on what parameters to look for in a good college. Doing your graduation course from the right college matters a lot if you wish to get the best education and job.
Here are the parameters you should look for in good B. Com in accounting & finance college:-
- College Accreditations – Good colleges have accreditations from NAAC and AICTE, and even international universities and organisations.
- Course Curriculum – You can check out the colleges course curriculum online. You can match this information with other top colleges to know the quality of the curriculum.
- Placement Record – If the college is known for placing students in the best companies in the country, you can rest assured the college is excellent.
- Faculty – Good faculty ensure students do well in the course, become experts in the field, and experience personal developments. Enquire about the quality of the faculty.
- Alumni Network – Its easy to access a colleges alumni network. You can check with them regarding the quality of the college. Alumni tend to give the most honest feedback.
Top Companies Hiring B. Com in Accounting & Finance Graduates
Its important to know which companies are hiring B. Com in accounting & finance graduates. This information will also serve as a motivating factor to do well in the course.
The following are the top 10 companies you could be working for:-
- Goldman Sachs
- Morgan Stanley
- State Bank of India
Benefits of Doing B. Com in Accounting & Finance
You should know all the benefits a course provides, so you can align them with what you are looking for from your course and career.
The following are the top benefits of doing the B. Com in accounting & finance degree courses:-
- Specialised Degree Course – B. Com in accounting & finance is a specialised degree course with subjects related to the industry. Its better than any bachelors degree.
- Important Sector – Accounting & finance is an industry closely monitored and regulated by the government. Companies also hire the best people for this job.
- Various Career Options – There are many careers you can aim for in accounting & finance. So, you can choose specialisations accordingly and do what you love.
- Top-class Companies – The best companies are in constant need of talent. So, with a B. Com in accounting & finance degree, you are sure to get a job in a reputed company.
- Excellent Salaries & Benefits – B. Com in accounting & finance graduates earn a good salary and benefits. The salary also grows with time, making it even more lucrative.
Skills Required for B. Com in Accounting & Finance
Pursuing a degree takes 3 years. So, it has to be the right one, and you have to do well. Knowing about the skills required for a certain degree will help you know if the course is for you.
Here are the skills required for the B. Com in accounting & finance degree:-
- Accounting Skills – The whole degree is about accounting and finance, so you need to be good with numbers to do well in the course and career.
- Reporting Skills – People working in accounting & finance have to prepare a lot of reports throughout their careers. You need to be good at making accurate reports.
- Analytical Skills – Just reporting is not enough. B. Com in accounting & finance graduates are also expected to analyse reports and explain their findings.
- Tech Skills – Books and accounts are now maintained in complicated software programs. You need to be tech-savvy to use accounting & finance software.
- Teamwork Skills – During your course and career, youll be working in teams as most companies tend to have large accounting & finance departments.
Higher Education Courses After B. Com in Accounting & Finance
Higher education is another factor to consider for B. Com in accounting & finance. Students know that to get on the fast track to success, they need more than a bachelors degree. And with B. Com in accounting & finance, you have many options for higher education. These options are:-
- Master of Commerce in Accounting & Finance (M. Com in Accounting & Finance)
- Master of Business Administration in Accounting & Finance (MBA in Accounting & Finance)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management in Accounting & Finance (PGDM in Accounting & Finance)
- Master of Law in Accounting & Finance (LLM in Accounting & Finance)
- Bachelor of Education in Accounting & Finance (B. Ed in Accounting & Finance)
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Company Secretary (CS)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Financial Risk Management (FRM)
- IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
If you are thinking of doing the B. Com in accounting & finance degree course, you are already on the right track. Along with excellent career opportunities, you will also get many options for higher studies among other benefits. Considering the average starting salary and the fees of the course, it is a complete value for money course. So, dont think twice. Find the best college for B. Com in accounting & finance and start your journey towards a successful career in accounting & finance.
You can save yourself from the trouble of looking far and wide for a B. Com in accounting & finance degree course. ASMs Institute of Management & Computer Studies (IMCOST) in Thane is the best college in Maharashtra for this course. They also have other undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses that are equally popular. You can visit the institutes website and fill out their form, or directly contact their counsellors for more information about the B. Com in accounting & finance. Enquire at the earliest as admissions get full quickly