Blackview BV5000 4G – durable long-liver for active people
I ordered a rather specific phone on pre-order, there were no reviews or sensible information on it at the time of purchase. So I decided to share with you what happened in the end.
Looking ahead, in short, it is a worthy phone in its category, who are interested in “extreme” and long-lived phones, I advise you to pay attention and read the review.
And so let’s get started. Under the spoiler background about the choice. In order not to clutter up the review, I hid it, but there are explanations why it was chosen for purchase among a huge number of other phones.
I chose this phone not for myself, but for my dad. And here the requirements are dictated by the specifics of the use of this device by him and not very careful handling of such devices.
Now the list of requirements:
he often visits the dacha, loves hunting and fishing, trips to nature. In general, all those things that make ordinary phones feel “bad”.
2) Dimensions. It does not have to be huge and thick, like most rugged phones, bulky bricks 2 or more centimeters thick, because. in addition to hunting / fishing and other extreme conditions, there is also ordinary life and work in the office. And most of the time he just doesn’t want to carry a brick.
3) Recharging no more than once every 3-4 days, the less often, the better. He talks a lot, does not play games on the phone and does not watch movies, there is very little Internet. After the push-buttons, he definitely won’t charge a smartphone once a day or two, he will say that G * bought him. Hence the requirement – a capacious battery.
4) Confident reception of GPS satellites for use as a navigator in nature and in the car.
5) In terms of performance, there are no special requirements here, the usual middle-class hardware, so that everything that it will use works quickly and without freezes.
6) 2 sim
7) And it still should be inexpensive!
In general, you will have to choose something as close as possible to the task.
I went through a lot of options, but most of the Chinese armored phones were eliminated only because https://jiji.co.ke/computers-and-laptops/hp-elitebook-840-g3-16gb of the huge dimensions or very outdated hardware.
And then the BV5000 model caught my eye – a novelty from BLACKVIEW. But there was one thing… As I mentioned at the very beginning, it was only available on pre-order, i. no information and reviews from users and it is not known when they will start sending. I already bought Jiayu G3 like that at one time … But I decided to take a chance and ordered it. I won’t write at all about waiting for the start of sending to buyers, I won’t write tracks and envelopes with a bubble wrap, everything here is “not married for the first day”, you yourself know how it all happens.
Everything is packaged in a modest white cardboard box. The box was in a pimply envelope, but even reached without dents.
Everything is organized inside
Included in box:
— battery protective rubber pad
— screws (4 extra spares) screwdriver < br />— USB-microUS OTG cable
— mains charger (2A)
— headset (usually cheap, the sound is appropriate, I won’t consider it separately)
— useless pieces of paper
– a protective film for the display (one is already pasted from the factory)
Micro USB is longer than a standard USB.
This is due to the fact that the connector in the phone is recessed deeper than usual due to the presence of a moisture-proof plug.
The phone is charged from a regular wire, but the connection with the PC is not established. You have to use the original cable. If you need to buy a new one, there will be no problems, there are offers on Ali, you just need to remember this nuance.
BLACKVIEW BV5000 Specifications:
— Display: 5 inch, IPS, HD 1280 x 720
— Processor: MTK6735p 64bit, 1GHz, 4 cores
— memory: 2 GB RAM, 16 GB built-in slot for memory card up to 32GB
—cameras: 8 MP main (with interpolation up to 13 MP), 5 MP front (interpolation)
— battery: 4700 mAh
— OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop
— Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz
— Modules: Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi, GPS
— protection level: IP67
— Hot Knot data exchange technology (similar to NFC)
— dimensions: 15 x 7.8 x 13.3 cm.
Phone appearance, design, case