Master Of Financial Management (MFM) Course – Overview
Master of financial management, also known as the MFM course, is a postgraduate course that teaches students all about financial and accounting management. This course is designed to impart knowledge on varied subjects like financial planning, corporate accounting, auditing, market analysis, corporate analysis, and economic analysis. The MFM course also requires you to have good knowledge of computers and the latest applications and software, as MFM graduates need to use many accounting and finance software and analytical tools.
The MFM course is one of the most sought after courses as it can set you on the course for a successful career. Finance and accounting are two aspects of a business that have a lot of importance, and the more a business grows, the more these two aspects increase in size and importance. And with the incorporation of technology, finance and accounting are only getting better. More and more management students are finding a good career in financial management.
To know more about the MFM course, in the following blog, there is information on the course duration, eligibility, fees, syllabus, career options, top recruiters, and more. This information will help you understand all aspects of the course and will help you decide if you want to pursue this course after graduation.
MFM: Course Highlights
The MFM course highlights will give you a good idea of what to expect in this course. A quick look through will let you know a lot about the course. But if you want more detailed information, it is given further below in the blog.
- MFM Full-Form – MFM stands for Master of Financial Management
- MFM Course Level – MFM is a postgraduate level course that can be done only after graduation.
- MFM Duration – There are 2-year and 3-year MFM courses. The 3-year course is more popular among students.
- MFM Course eligibility – You need to be a graduate in a recognised course from a recognised university with a score of more than 50% as your final percentage. Some institutes also need you to have 2 years of work experience.
- Average MFM Course Fee – The average fee for the MFM course lies in the range of INR 10 lakhs to 15 lakhs.
- Examination Type – The MFM course is conducted in a semester pattern, including the examinations.
- MFM Admission Process – Some institutes grant direct admissions, while others require you to clear a certain entrance exam.
- Average Starting Salary After MFM – Currently, MFM course graduates make a starting salary in the range of INR 3 lakhs to 24 lakhs.
- Top Recruiting Companies for MFM graduates – Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, and Merrill Lynch.
MFM Course Duration
The duration of the MFM course is dependent on the college and the university thats offering the course. There is a course that is of 2-year duration, while the other course is of 3-year duration. The 3-year course is more popular amongst students as it is more detailed. Recruiting companies also show an inclination towards MFM course graduates who have done the 3-year course.
MFM Course Eligibility Criteria
Matching the eligibility criteria is important as you would not get admission into the course, even if you fall short in one criterion. Therefore, make sure you match all parameters before preparing yourself for admission into the MFM course.
- You need to be a graduate in recognised degree from a recognised university in India.
- Some institutes may require you to have a final percentage of 50% or more as your graduation percentage. However, some institutes do not have a percentage criterion.
- A few institutes also require you to have at least 2 years of work experience in the capacity of manager, administrator or supervisor.
MFM Course Admission Process
If you comfortably clear the eligibility criteria, the next matter you should concern yourself with is the admission process. Different institutes have different admission processes, but there are mainly two ways to gain admission into the MFM course. These common methods are:-
Entrance Exams –
Since the MFM course is a professional management course, you may be required to sit for a competitive entrance exam. Only after achieving the required percentile, will you be considered for admission.
- You will have to fill out the registration form.
- Attach and submit the required documents.
- Pay online fees.
- Download the hall ticket
- And sit for the exam on the set date
You apply directly for admission by filling out the admission form, paying the fess, and submitting the required documents.
MFM Course Fees
One of the biggest factors to consider while contemplating the MFM course is the fee. This course is a tad more expensive than other management courses. However, the financial knowledge you gain, and the career opportunities that open up to you make the fee amount worth it all. Currently, the average fee for the MFM course lies in the range of INR 10 lakhs to 15 lakhs.
It is important to know about the subject and syllabus of a course to get a good idea of what you will be learning. Knowing the subject will also help you decide on pursuance of the course. Here are the subjects of the MFM course:-
- Financial Accounting
- Quantitative Methods in Management
- Managerial Economics
- Principles OF Management
- Business Communication
- Organizational Behaviour
- Business Research Methods
- Human Resources Management
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Production Management
- Cost & Management Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Management Information Systems
- International Business
- Creativity and Innovation Management
- Financial Management
Semester 4 – Marketing Specialization
- Sales Management & Sales Promotion
- Product & Brand Management
- Financial Aspects of Marketing
- Distribution & Supply Chain Management
- Consumer and Industrial Buyer Behaviour
Semester 5 – Marketing Specialization
- Customer Relationship Management
- Industry Oriented Dissertation Project
- Services Marketing
- Marketing Research & Analytics
- Retail Management
Semester 6 – Marketing Specialisation
- Event Management
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications & Digital Marketing
- Media Planning & Strategy
Semester 4 – Finance Specialization
- Security Analysis & Portfolio Management
- Financial Markets, Products & Institutions
- Corporate Law
- International Finance
- Corporate Valuation
Semester 5 – Finance Specialization
- Industry Oriented Dissertation Project
- Management of Banks & Financial Services
- Behavioural Finance
- Derivatives & Risk Management
- Mergers Acquisition & Corporate Restructuring
Semester 6 – Finance Specialisation
- Financial Modelling
- Treasury Management
- Wealth Management
- Project Finance
Semester 4 – Human Resources Specialisation
- Human Resource Information Systems
- Human Resource Planning
- Training & Development
- Human Resource Audit
- Employee Relations & Labour Laws
Semester 5 – Human Resources Specialisation
- Compensation & Benefits
- Competency-based HRM
- Organizational Theories, Structure & Design
- Industry Oriented Dissertation Project
- Performance Management Systems
Semester 6 – Human Resources Specialisation
- Strategic HRM
- Role of HR in Knowledge Management
- Building Learning Organizations
- Management of Change
Salary After MFM Course In India
This is the big question on every students mind who is considering doing the MFM course – what are the salaries like for MFM course graduates? Like with any course, the start salaries may not be great. But with time and experience, the salary grows quite substantially. The range for the starting salary for MFM course graduates is also quite wide. They can expect to make anywhere in the range of INR 3 lakhs to 24 lakhs, which means, you can also find an extremely high-paying first job. So, choose wisely when it comes to the industry you choose to work in.
MFM Course Future Scope In India
India is a country where financial management has begun growing at a steady pace. With our markets opening for foreign companies to enter and invest, the future for financial management looks bright. India is also at the forefront of developing analytics and financial management software for international companies thanks to our IT sector, which is regarded as the best in the world. So, as a student, if you are choosing to do the MFM course, you are making the right move.
Career Opportunities After MFM Degree
Now that you know that the future is bright for an MFM course, and you stand to make good salaries, the next question on your mind would be what are the careers that are going to drive financial management? The following are the careers you can aspire for with an MFM degree course.
1. Finance Manager – Manages the finances of the organisation they work for. Independent finance managers offer their services for a fee.
2. Business Analyst – Analyses the business of the organisation they work for, or they analyse the business of their companys clients.
3. Financial Analyst – Analyses the financial transactions and the financial soundness of the organisation they work for. They may also work as free agents.
4. Investment Bakers – Their main job is to help clients with raising capital and overseeing mergers and acquisitions.
5. Insurance Risk Manager – Their main job is to assess and manage risk factors in the insurance sector.
How to Choose Top MFM College
It wont matter how good a student you are if you do your MFM course from the wrong college. The right college is as important as how well you do in your course.
Check out the following parameters you need to check for to zero in on a fine MFM college. Make use of the information given below and choose carefully.
1. Check for Accreditations –
Without your college having the right accreditations, your MFM course degree will not have value in the professional world. Look for AICTE approval on the college and course. Also, look for university tie-ups and NAAC ratings.
2. Check Reputation –
If a college is good, you will hear about it. Similarly, if a college is bad, you will hear about that as well. Also, make sure to look at testimonials, reviews and ratings regarding any college you are considering.
3. Check Out The Curriculum –
Most colleges put up details regarding their courses online. You can log on to their official websites and take a close look at the curriculum for the MFM course. This will give you an idea about the quality of education at the college.
4. Check Out The Placements –
The best companies in the country only go to the best colleges in the country of campus placements. So, just take a look at their placement record, and you will know how good the college truly is.
5. Check For Associations & Collaborations –
Many MFM colleges also provide additional certifications along with the degree, and for those certifications, they associate or collaborate with other organisations. Look for colleges providing good certifications from highly-rated organisations.
Top Companies Hiring MFM Graduates
Everyones curious regarding the company they might get a job in, or students also already have a few companies in mind they aspire to work for. For MFM course graduates, the top companies they can work for are the following:-
- Deutsche Bank
- JP Morgan
- Morgan Stanley
- Goldman Sachs
- Merrill Lynch
Benefits of Doing MFM Course
Surely you have understood that the MFM course is one of the best postgraduate courses you can do to have a great chance at excellent career. However, if you still need some more convincing.
Here are a few benefits of doing an MFM course:-
1. Finance Industry –
With this degree, you get a chance to be a part of the countrys ever-growing finance industry. The scope for financial management in India is great, and if you become a part of it soon, you will get to be a part of the best growth phases.
2. Course on Trend –
Considering the current trends in education, the MFM course is on trend with everything. The subjects, technology, industrial exposure, and more ensure the MFM course students are as competent as any other postgraduate students.
3. Technology Backed –
In the future, industries and professions that incorporate technology are the only ones that are going to survive. The financial management industry is using technology to their advantage and will continue to do in the future.
4. High Salary & Benefits –
MFM course graduates stand the chance of making some of the highest salaries in the professional world. If they choose the right industry and the right company to work in, they can start with an excellent salary and benefits package.
5. Multiple Career Choices –
Having many career choices is a luxury not many postgraduate students get. But the case is different for MFM course students. They have many careers to choose from and pursue a career they like.
The Master of Financial Marketing is one of the best postgraduate degrees to do after graduation. It checks all the boxes regarding what one wants from a course. Excellent and relevant education, great career opportunities in the biggest companies in the world, and salary benefits packages for a financially stable life. The MFM course is something every graduate wanting to do postgraduate courses should consider. They will get complete value for the money and time invested in the course.
ASM’s IMCOST provides one of the best MFM courses in the country. You will find all the key requirements stated above in our course, and a whole lot more. However, it is better if you see it all first-hand. Contact our counsellors today who will tend to your every query and even arrange for you to check out the institute. But hurry as admissions get full quickly. Get in touch at the earliest.